Training Counseling and placement cell (TCPC)
• Ensure employment/ self employment and apprenticeship training to trainee.
• Skill gap mapping & providing skill gap training to make trainees employable.
objective of DST scheme is to enable industries and establishments to partner with Government and Private ITIs for conducting training programmes under high employability courses so as to fulfil their skilled manpower requirements. The DST is an amalgamation of theoretical training imparted through ITIs and practical training imparted through the Industry. DST helps enable Industry linkages and provide hands on experience to students on industries latest/ updated technologies.
Under the DST scheme, the courses are conducted to meet the skilled workforce requirements of Industry so that after completion of training, the trainee who are awarded National Trade Certificate (NTC) under the scheme have an edge over regular ITI pass outs in terms of employability and employment opportunities in Industry.With the vision of strengthening Industry linkages and acquainting students in ITIs with latest technologies used in the Industry, DGT encourages ITIs to participate in the DST program so that these ITI trainees are Industry ready.
Function of TCPCL
• Organize campus interview for recruitment of trainees.
• Maintain details of all trainee.
• Collect the requirements of skilled workforce of industries.
• Provide counseling & career guidance to trainees by professionals & experts.
• Do skill gap mapping & provide skill gap training to trainees.
• Keep track of the passed out trainees till they are employed at least for 3 years.
• Conduct survey in industries for apprenticeship training and to find out employment potential.
• Work like employment exchange.
• Publicity centre of excellence scheme.
Roles & Responsibilities of TCPC
• Maintain record of all trainees admitted and keep track of passed out trainees at least for 3 years.
• Maintain follow up register of employment and salary received upto 3 years from the year of passing .whether employed/ self employed/ Apprenticeship training/ gone for higher education.
• Survey, Identification and engagement of Apprentices industries as Apprenticeship act 1961.
• Maintain record of industries / Employing Govt. organization.
• Organize workshop with the help of by DIC/ Banks/ Development Corporations.
• Organize EDP training.
• Inform all passed out trainees about the recruitment fairs organized by Govt./ Private Organization time to time.
• Arrange seminar and workshop regularly for counseling & vocational guidance employment opportunities.
• Display paper cuttings or notices about vacancies.
• Help the trainees to prepare CV.
• Organize training programme to improve interview skills, personality Development, soft skills etc.
• Arrange On-job training (OJT) and industrial visits for trainees.
• Facilitate for overseas employment.
• Conduct survey to find employment potential.
• Co-ordinate with employment Exchange.
• Registration of trainees of Advance Module & specialized Modular training.
Structure of TCPC
1. Duration of industrial training’ as indicated in table below :
|1||Principal/Group Instructor In charge of ITI||SMT. GEETA R.SINGH|
|2||APO/ Vice Principal OR JAPO/ G.I. (if post of APO/ Vice Principal is not there or filled in ITI)||Sh.Krishan kumar(JAPO)|
|3||One instructor of conventional trade (from electrical/ Mechanical group of trades)||Sh.Vickram(Electrician instructor)|
|4||Senior instructor of ITI||Sh.Rajnish|
|5||Instructor Associated with TCPC||Sh. Somvir|
|6||One Trainee of conventional trade & CoE each||Hemant(Electrician trade 2nd year)|
APO – Apprenticeship & Placement Officer , JAPO – Junior Apprenticeship & Placement Officer.